Wednesday 13 March 2013

Little Man (Moustache) Baby Shower







I absolutely love planning parties - from the invites to the party favours and thank you notes. So I was very excited to recently plan a friend's baby shower. She is having a little boy in May, and so I wanted to do something special to prepare for his arrival




I decided on a Little Man (Moustache) party - and a blue and green colour theme, and decided that it would be a sort of afternoon tea party. Our lounge and dining room, where the party took place, was covered in balloons and other baby shower paraphernalia. Moustaches adorned mugs and glasses, and little pots with different teas in; and we had a washing line, with dolly pegs, to hang the clothing gifts.




I absolutely love my mom's lemon meringue pie, and think it is always a hit, and looks really pretty. So it was on the baking list from the beginning. I wanted all the food things to be small/individual portions, so instead of doing a lemon meringue pie, I made individual lemon meringue 'cupcakes'. Here's the recipe:



Mini Lemon Meringues (with biscuit base) - makes 9
200g Nice Biscuits
125g butter
1 tin of condensed milk
3 eggs
125 ml lemon juice
125ml castor sugar
15ml cornflour

BASE: Put muffin cases into a cupcake tray and preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Crush the biscuits into fine pieces - a rolling pin works well! Melt the butter, and mix with the biscuits. Press biscuit mix into the bottom of the muffin cases.

FILLING: Mix egg yolks, lemon juice and condensed milk together. Spoon onto the biscuit base.

TOPPING: Beat egg whites until stiff, then slowly add castor sugar. Lastly add cornflour, to stiffen the meringue. Spoon onto the lemon filling. 

Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the meringue is a lovely toasty brown colour.





We also ate vanilla cupcakes with green and blue icing and moustache toothpicks; mozzarella  tomato and basil vol au vents; caramel cream puffs; and delicious brownies that were made by our friend 'The Sweetie Queen' Susan - hmmmmm HEAVEN!


The mommy-to-be was very spoilt. Guests disguised themselves with moustaches (some were attached to sticks and some were stick-on) and when everyone left, they received a little candle to light when the baby was born.







Haha, I know... It's terrible, but I just had to do it! :)

**If you want to keep updated, please join my mailing list; follow me on Pinterest; follow my Facebook Page or follow me on Twitter.**
**If you would like assistance in planning your party, please contact me**

No comments:

Post a Comment