Wednesday 13 February 2013

Pancake Day

Hahaha, the last blog post I wrote was all about diets and healthy eating (which is still going very well), and this post is about the most indulgent thing I think I have ever made.

Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day (as it is commonly known in the UK), is always a firm favourite in our house. Last year, we had sweet and savoury pancakes all day, and I was sick of them by lunch time. So I thought that this year I would try something different.

My husband and son are confessed Nutella addicts, and so after seeing the idea of a pancake cake on pinterest, I decided to attempt a cream and Nutella pancake cake.


Here is the recipe:

  • Pancakes - you can find my recipe from last year HERE. I used about 8-10 pancakes, and they were about the size of a side plate.
  • Nutella (A medium sized bottle)
  • Double Cream (FRESH!) - whipped until it is stiff
  • Hot Chocolate Powder, Chocolate and Berries to garnish

Once the pancakes are cooked. You need to put cream under the first one, and 'stick' it to the plate. You then put Nutella on the base pancake; and then alternate chocolate and cream layers, piling the pancakes on top of each other. Mine ended with cream, so I put an extra layer of Nutella, then covered the whole 'cake' with cream, sieved hot chocolate powder on top, and grated chocolate over that. You might as well go all out. :)

You can use jam and berries, or cinnamon and sugar, if you prefer. I had friends over yesterday and they couldn't believe how light this pancake cake was, and they really raved about it.

Enjoy! x

Follow Buttershly Kisses on Facebook or follow me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment