Monday 5 August 2013

Hello there!

So I am terribly sorry for being so absent lately! I feel like I have been trapped in a whirlwind for the last few months. After being in South Africa, for my mom's operation (and having a LOVELY holiday with my family) we arrived back in London on my son's 4th birthday! While we were unwrapping presents, I received a phone call from my parents to alert me that my great uncle had passed away the night before (while we were flying)!

Fortunately I had a birthday party to organise, which kept me distracted for the most part and kept my mind far from focused on the sadness that I was feeling. We had an aeroplane party this year, complete with aeroplane meals and suitcases for party favours. It was really great fun...


                     


Then the strangest thing happened, I think I knew it, but didn't want to believe it... We did a pregnancy test. AND.......
IT WAS POSITIVE!!!! I was absolutely shocked to my core, but very excited too. We were finally going to have a new addition to our family.

So I had to go for scans and tests to work out my due date, which is the 11th December. We have also been settling our son into school, he starts reception in September and his mommy is devastated (love having my little cherub at home with me) but think he'll absolutely love it.

We also did something quite exciting, to announce the gender of our new arrival - we had a GENDER PARTY! We had a gender scan, and asked that the gender of our baby not be revealed to us, on the day of the scan, but had the sonographer write the gender on a piece of paper. We then sent the page to our baker, a baker in South Africa and a baker in Italy. They made cakes/ cupcakes with either blue or pink on the inside. On the day of the party, our friends joined us, and we had both families on Skype, as we cut our cake.


                       


During all this craziness, we have also had my in-laws visiting, and my son has had chickenpox. A really severe strain, which was not pleasant at all. These are my recommendations for chickenpox.

1. Keep your child cool, and comfortable and hydrated.
2. Get some poxcillin (BRILLIANT stuff) and calamine aqueous cream. I was also giving him calpol for the fever, and piriton for the itching.
3. Oats baths - put cooking oats in a stocking or muslin cloth, seal and attach to your tap, or let it float in the bath, allowing the oats to soak into your water. Add some bicarbonate of soda, and you have a perfect anti-itch bath.
4. Post chickenpox; I used Aveeno cream and Bio-oil (which I have used on the bump too!). ;) His scars have cleared up nicely, even though they were very deep .

Have also been very involved in organising activities for a mums page that I run in South West London. We had an awesome day at the Science Museum today, followed by a picnic (in the glorious London sunshine) in the Natural History Museum garden.

So all in all, life has been crazy beautiful! Hoping to be very proactive in my blog again... 

Have a lovely evening,
Kalli x

**If you want to keep updated, please join my mailing list; follow me on Pinterest; follow my Facebook Page or follow me on Twitter.**


No comments:

Post a Comment