Monday 19 August 2013

Butternut Soup

I wrote a guest recipe blog post last year, for My Love Bumps. I made our family favourite - Yummy Butternut Soup.

With the rain, last night, I decided that I was going to make butternut soup, but didn't have all of my normal ingredients. So I did a bit of an improvised Butternut Soup. And it was actually really yummy.




Olive Oil
Quarter Cup of Onions (Approximately 63g)
Two Garlic Cloves
A whole Butternut Squash (cleaned and diced)
Two cups of Vegetable Stock
A Handful of Pancetta/ Bacon/ Ham (can be added after you have puréed the soup, if you like)
Crème Fraiche (Or Thick Cream)
Salt and Pepper
Chilli, optional
Spices, optional

  1. Fry your onions and garlic in olive oil. 
  2. When it is translucent, add butternut, vegetable stock, spices and chilli, and the bacon. 
  3. Bring to boil, and then simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the butternut is soft. 
  4. Use a handheld blender, in the pot. Or allow the soup to cool, and purée the soup in an upright blender.
  5. Add salt and pepper, to taste
  6. Add crème fraiche or cream. You can either mix it into the soup, or use it as a garnish.

We ate it with garlic bread, which was delicious. Good thing we are having a cleaning day at home today, after all that garlic! :)

Have a good day, x

No comments:

Post a Comment