Thursday 15 August 2013

Mayfield Lavender


Today, a friend and I had the pleasure of visiting the Mayfield Lavender in Surrey. If you haven't been, GO NOW, before the end of September! I had heard a lot about the fields, from friends, and I am so glad that we finally made a trip to go and see what the hype was all about. 

There is nothing more lovely than driving along, and smelling lavender a mile before arriving at the farm. And then driving through the gates and being welcomed by never-ending fields of purple. I couldn't help thinking how much my great-gran would have loved being there - she LOVED lavender.

After taking loads of photos, I had to buy some lavender products to take home with me... Ooooooh, and some delicious lavender short bread biscuits! I can still smell the lavender, and I'm pretty sure I will sleep very peacefully tonight! 

Goodnight! x

No comments:

Post a Comment