Thursday 31 January 2013

If Music be the Food of Love...

I have an iPod (it's really old, but it's fantastic, and has all my old music on it) that I use for running and yoga - and that's about it. When you have a child, you can't really listen to music on the train/ bus, etc. It's not often that I get to listen to grown up music - my life has a nursery rhyme soundtrack, most days, punctuated by a million and one toddler questions and stories (not that I am complaining, I love it that he talks a lot).

My husband bought me an iPad for my birthday last year, because I am a Facebook addict and I am permanently watching movies, downloading apps to make my life easier, downloading games to entertain my son on the bus/ train and I love looking up recipes and craft ideas. I have always loved music, but don't actually have any music on my iPad (I know, the HORROR!!), because iTunes wouldn't download onto my PC.

However, yesterday (by some bizarre twist of fate) I managed to download iTunes, update my iPad to iOS6, etc etc etc... While I was updating everything I was listening to all the music on my PC, but somehow forgot to sync music onto the iPad.

So while I was getting ready to exercise yesterday, I downloaded a music app, and last night I was compiling my 'exercise playlist'. I was playing some of my favourite modern dance music, and getting quite involved. My husband turned to look at me, with a rather shocked look on his face.

I know my singing voice isn't fantastic; and when I am dancing, I probably look more like an injured animal; but I didn't think it warranted SUCH a look. Turns out, we have been together for over 5 years, that he didn't know I liked dance music. He likes it, but thought I only liked indie-type bands.

I had to reassure him that my taste in music hadn't changed... Not that he is a huge fan of my 'gypsy music' - as he calls it - anyway. :)

Love Kalli x

No comments:

Post a Comment