Tuesday 25 October 2016

This is Halloween!... Part 2. Halloween Crafts

I am so sorry for such a late blog post tonight - we went to +Garsons Esher to pick Pumpkins (and a lot of other vegetables - my boys REALLY loved it!!!) and then spent the day with friends; so dinner, bath and bedtime was somewhat delayed.

Tomorrow, D has asked if we can do some Halloween crafts. Now I do enjoy crafts, but I also always regret agreeing to them. Mainly because I know that I will end up setting up, doing them (which I don't mind - I enjoy that part) and then clearing up. At some point one of the boys will get bored. Then A (the 2 year old) will get paint or ink or something that stains the table or carpet or himself. And at some point there will be tears - either because A has got involved in D's artwork or because D isn't happy with the outcome.

In the past, we have cut out LOADS of bats and stuck them all over our lounge; we have also made lollipop spiders using pipe cleaners and googly eyes (those were my favourite); Halloween paper lanterns with tealight candles (best to use the battery operated ones); spooky eyes, to hide in the garden, using toilet rolls and glow sticks; and paper pumpkins. I love +Pinterest  - a lot of the time our art projects don't turn out to be "Pinterest perfect", but we do have a lot of fun trying them out anyway. If you like to pin, pop over to my Pinterest account to see more of my Halloween inspiration.

Halloween Crafts
Our Halloween Arts and Crafts for 2016! Fingerprint Bat Cards, Puffy Ghosts and Paper Pumpkins
This year D has asked if we can make puffy ghosts using cotton wool, I'd like to see if we can make better (Pinterest perfect) paper pumpkins. Haha! And I also thought it would be cute to make fingerprint bat cards - these would be great for party invitations.

If you'd would like info on how any of these crafts were made, please leave me a comment, and I'd be happy to walk you through it.

Did you know? The original Jack O'Lantern was actually made from TURNIPS!

I didn't even see any turnips at Garsons today... and also, surely, they must have been REALLY difficult to carve???

See you tomorrow for more Halloween Fun!

Kalli x



No comments:

Post a Comment