Tuesday 17 May 2016

MGS04 Arts Festival



I have always been involved in the creative arts, since I was a little girl. For years, we would go off to the National Arts Festival in Grahamstown, South Africa and I would become completely engrossed in all things creative and artistic for the entirety of the festival. My passion was always the performing arts.

In fact, I did my audition for a BA in Theatre and Performance (at the University of Cape Town) at the arts festival. It is a very special place for me; and something that I miss every June.

So you can imagine my excitement, when I saw that there would be an Epsom and Ewell arts festival in 2016. Coincidentally, it is also happening in June; and will be the first year (of many, I am sure) that Epsom and Ewell will host such a festival.

On Saturday, I met with the committee, for a volunteer meeting - to hear all about the exciting events and performances that will be taking place. It will be filled with visual arts, literature, musical performances and theatre. Their "vision is to restore the arts to their position as a driving force in our community; showcasing talent, building sustainable businesses and inspiring the next generation".  Further information is available on the MSG04 website or on their Facebook page.

Epsom and Ewell is such a culturally rich and abundantly beautiful borough, filled with endless opportunity and inspiration; and I am looking forward to seeing how the arts festival encapsulates all that Epsom and Ewell have to offer.

The MGS04 Festival will be taking place from Friday, 24th June until Sunday, 26th of June at various venues around Epsom and Ewell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment