Wednesday 11 May 2016

Vegetarian Quiche Recipe

I took out some shortcrust pastry on the weekend, to make a breakfast quiche, and then promptly forgot about it. So this morning, my littlest helper and I whipped up a delicious vegetarian quiche for lunch.

His favourite part was mixing the eggs, and he kept fetching clean forks when his got a little mucky. For some reason, although my children are hardly ever spotlessly clean (I do try to keep them relatively neat and tidy), they have a thing about dirty hands; and I guess the dirty fork, wrapped in his little chubby hand, was just not doing it for him.

So, back to the quiche. It was delicious, and super easy to make...

Here's the recipe:

  • Package of shortcrust pastry - I used shop bought, because I had it out.
  • 4/5 eggs
  • Milk
  • Herbs
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Cheese - I used Leicester (cheddar would work too)
  • Any ingredients that you love in your quiche. We usually love a cheese and bacon quiche, but I didn't have bacon. So we had broccoli, red pepper, mushroom and spinach in ours. Super YUMMY!!!

Method:

  • Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
  • Roll our your pastry and place it into an oven-proof dish. Make sure that the pastry isn't too thick - I made that mistake. It tasted good, but wasn't as 'crunchy' as quiche bases usually are. 
  • Cut up and place your ingredients onto the base.
  • Mix the eggs into a measuring cup (try with 4 first), add milk up to the 280ml mark. Add herbs and salt and pepper and pour on top. If the egg mix doesn't fill the dish up, mix another egg with a splash of milk and pour it in too.
  • Sprinkle with grated cheese and cook for about 30 minutes. 
Serve with a side salad, or just on it's own. 

Kalli x

No comments:

Post a Comment