Tuesday 4 December 2012

Santa Claus is Coming to Town...

I have been really bad with blogging recently, keep thinking about blog posts that I would like to write - and then get so distracted by life, that I don't ever get to it.

A little catch up: I have started blogging for Move Guides as a guest blogger, which is quite exciting. My Q&A blog will be posted this month, followed by my own post about life in London, as an expat mummy, next month. We have also just moved house - CRAZY and BUSY times. However, the most exciting thing I have been doing, is getting ready for CHRISTMAS!


I love love love love love Christmas. I expected to be a lot more organised - but this year seemed to just flown by!

We went shopping last weekend, for things to add to our tree, that was up in the last week of November. And I had a list, as long as my arm of other things I NEEDED to make my house Christmas ready. Thought I would share some of the cute things I have added to my house this year...


1. Reindeer Food: Mix Oats and Glitter in a little bag. On Christmas Eve, you sprinkle the mixture on your lawn, balcony or on your roof (if you have direct access to it). The reindeer will have something to 'snack on' while they wait for Santa to deliver the presents.


2. Santa Key: If you do not have a chimney, you can either buy a Santa Key, or use an old key and attach it to a red ribbon. Leave the Santa Key outside your front/back door, so that Santa can 'get into the house' to deliver the presents.


3. A rewards chart. I wanted to do Elf on a Shelf, but only heard about it on the 1st December, and figured I wouldn't get the elf on time. So, while we were at M&S, I saw this lovely reward chart. Every night, our son either gets a green elf (if he has been well-behaved during the day), or a red elf (if he has been naughty). On the 24th, we put the chart into an envelope addressed to Santa, and if he has been good Santa will leave his presents.

I intended on doing a sock advent calendar, that I found on Design Dazzle. But for some odd reason, I could not find ANY Christmas socks - I looked in over 10 shops! I was going to do 24 socks, with small gifts, Christmas cookie cutters, and sweeties and then have his empty Christmas stocking hanging at the end. Alas, maybe I will do it next year.

One thing that I have made myself busy with today was my wreath. I wanted to buy an empty wreath and make it from scratch, however I couldn't find everything I was looking for. I bought this wire heart for £3, but didn't feel that it was Christmas-y enough.


I had decided that I would make a fresh wreath, as we have a beautiful big Christmas tree outside our front door, that is a little overgrown, and needed some trimming.


I started threading the fresh leaves into the heart, and am very pleased with the outcome. I do however think that I need to add some baubles or ribbons, or something. I had so much left over, that I decorated our staircase too. Think I will have to add some baubles and ribbon to it too.



Tomorrow I am hoping to make Sock Snowmen. 

Ciao, Kalli x

No comments:

Post a Comment