Thursday 6 December 2012

Sock Snowman

My friend, Hannah, posted her cute little sock snowmen on Facebook recently. I just loved them, and thought it would be a fantastic Christmas activity; especially after we had snow yesterday - not enough to make a real snowman, mind you.

She sent me a link to Then she made... and I eagerly found all the bits, in our house, to put the little snowman together. He didn't quite end up like I wanted him to (I was going for a jazzy sequinned snowman), but this is what happens when you let a toddler chose what you are going to do. 

 I still think he is very cute - and think we'll have to get some more socks, so we can make more... Maybe I will get a jazzy snowman too! :)



You need a long white sports sock, an elastic band (I used a hair band), material for scarf and/or shirt, rice or beans, string, a tooth pick or BBQ stick painted orange, a black marker and some pins. You can also use beads, sequins and buttons.


  • Cut the toe off the sock and tie with an elastic or hair band
  • Turn inside out and fill with rice or beans










  • Tie the top closed and cut off the top rim of the sock
  • Tie two pieces of string on the body, to make three body parts
  • Dress your snowman


  • For the eyes, I coloured pins with a black marker - thought that would look the most like a traditional snowman 

  • Glue the nose on
And voilĂ ! Your little snowman is complete. 


Enjoy!

Kalli x



No comments:

Post a Comment