Wednesday 25 April 2012

life is surprising...

In 2008, just after my 21st birthday, my boyfriend (now my husband) and I had just moved in together. A month after living together, we had found out that we were pregnant, after using two forms of contraception. 

At first, I thought it was a mistake (it just could not be true), followed by the following conversation:

Me:             I am having this baby, whether you stay or not. I don't want you to give up your life, just to stay with me because I am pregnant.
Him:            I'm staying because I love YOU, and I think you'd be a fantastic mother, and wife.

Well that was me! Afterwards, our lives changed something chronic. We both stopped going out, he settled for a 9-5 job, I fortunately graduated that year and when our lease expired we moved out of our 12th floor urban apartment and moved into a family flat in a security estate. We both saved any money we could, after decorating the nursery and buying gifts for our new little pip. 

We were thrown into the deep end, and I personally believe it was THE best thing that could have ever happened to us. We decided not to get married at the time, we wanted to wait until the time was right. He proposed 6 months after our beautiful son was born, and we got married a month later!

I was so petrified after my son's birth of accidentally falling pregnant, I took every single precaution available. Whenever I thought I was pregnant, I did a pregnancy test and celebrated every negative result. 

That was until last week. My son is now 3, and we thought it would be a fantastic age gap. I did a pregnancy test, after being convinced I was pregnant. And cried for hours over a negative test. What a surprise, I never thought I would ever get upset over a NEGATIVE TEST!  I think it was because I had planned my entire pregnancy in my head... 

When I was pregnant with my son, they discovered that I did not have anti-bodies for Rubella (German measles) - I was supposed to be vaccinated in between pregnancies, but forgot. In a way, it is a blessing in disguise. I am going to get vaccinated on Friday, and then will have to wait a month, and then we'll try to fall pregnant again. 

And this time, we will be prepared for our positive result! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment