Thursday 19 January 2012

Cleaning with a Toddler

The most difficult thing in the world to do, is cleaning with a toddler around. So I have found this routine one of the easiest, when cleaning.

Bathroom: Before I get into the shower, I spray the shower door with window cleaner and I spray the bath and sink with bathroom cleaner. Before getting out I quickly clean all the surfaces.

Surfaces and windows: While my little one has an afternoon nap, I do all the yucky work - dusting, cleaning windows, cleaning the toilets, making beds, etc..

Hoovering: I ask my son to help clean up all his toys, otherwise the hoover might suck them up. He quickly obliges, and then helps me hoover. We dance and sing, while cleaning the floors together.

Dishes: I put cartoons on, while I make dinner - and while I am cooking, I try to wash the dishes. Otherwise I clean them just after cooking.

Washing: We do it together. Talking through every item of clothing, while we put them in the washing machine. He helps pass pegs to me, while we hang the washing. It keeps him busy during my chores, plus it makes him feel important because he is helping!

Hope this helps!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment