Wednesday 1 August 2012

Dukan Diet - The Beginning

When I was pregnant, all I thought about was the birth of the baby. I just wanted to play house - with a perfect little family. I never factored one thing into the nine months. LOSING BABY WEIGHT!!! Arrggghhh, the bane of my existence. We only got married when my son was 11 months old, and I was motivated to be skinny for that, so I cut out all carbs, and lost all of my pregnancy weight.

After that, I slowly started putting it all back on again. It has taken me 3 years to kick my own butt into gear, and lose weight - mainly because my husband thinks I need to lose weight before we fall pregnant again - motivation, I guess!

So on Monday I started The Dukan Diet... I honestly never thought I would be able to follow such a hardcore diet - I have hardly ever dieted in my life. The principles of the diet are as follows:

Phase 1 - Attack Phase: Pure Protein Only
          - I had to cut out sugar, carbs, fruit and veg, and fats
Phase 2 - Cruise Phase: Alternating Pure Protein with Protein and Veg
          - Further drastic weight loss phase, preparing yourself for after the diet
Phase 3 - Consolidation Phase
          - Incorporates many more food groups, and is the phase you go into, after goal weight is reached.
Phase 4 - Stabilisation Phase: Maintaining your goal weight

I actually expected the diet to be WAY harder - I have cut out sugar before (and really battled) and never survived without fruit and veg, but this time I seem to be REALLY motivated or committed - which is awesome. The first few days were difficult, and I was hungry and tired a lot and I was still preparing normal food for my family - but I have already lost 1.5kg's, so I am ready for the long haul.

Will continue to post normal food recipes, but also some Dukan recipes, that I have tried.

Feel free to ask questions, etc, as always...

Have a lovely evening!
Love K x

No comments:

Post a Comment