|Catherine Wheel - credit Unsplash|
This was until we arrived on the beautiful island of Malta in 2010. I don't think I have ever seen so many fireworks displays in my life - each one better than the one before. They were a spectacle, beautifully in sync with music and more like a dance performance than a pyrotechnics display. Little did we know that in the 18 months that we lived in Malta, we would hear and see fireworks almost every weekend. What a treat! But at the end, I felt that what had once excited me had slowly lost it's allure a little.
When we moved to England in 2011, I was delighted to find out that Bonfire Night was a thing - a night of light and magic. To be honest, I was never a big fan of the bangs. We arrived in London in October, so were really treated on the 5th of November, when the sky was illuminated with various beautiful displays - we were staying in a hotel, on the 10th floor, so we were really lucky. D, who was 2 at the time, was in awe - I think he has come to love and feel comforted by fireworks.
Each year since, we have tried to ensure that we watch the fireworks - sometimes from the comfort and warmth of our home, we have also been to Legoland, watched the Hook Road fireworks in Epsom a few times, and last year we headed up to the Epsom Downs which was amazing - we got to watch the fireworks all over London (honestly all the way to London Eye!!!). This year, we will be grabbing some food and driving up to a 'lookout point' again to watch as a family; and then will be attending a fireworks display at D's school.
|Fireworks - credit ericspaete|
Tonight, 3rd November:
- Epsom Downs Fireworks. Family tickets £14. The display begins at 7pm.
- Wimbledon Park Musical Fireworks Display. Tickets from £6 for children and £8 for adults, if bought online. There are two themed performances at 6.45pm and 8.30pm.
- Green Lane Fireworks Spectacular. Children's tickets are £5 and adults tickets are £7 or £22 for a family ticket. Fireworks start at 7pm.
- Chipstead Bonfire Night. Children's tickets are £3 and adults tickets are £6. Bonfire will be lit at about 7.30pm with fireworks starting at about 8pm.
- Hook Road Fireworks and Funfair. Tickets are £7.50 on the gate or £5 if bought in advance. The display begins at approximately 7.30pm.
- Morden Park Musical Fireworks Display. Tickets from £6 for children and £8 for adults, if bought online. There are two themed performances at 6.45pm and 8.30pm.
- Round Table Carshalton Fireworks. Tickets are £5, if purchased before 4/11, or £7.50 on the night. Children under 5 are free. Display will commence at 7pm, followed by a bonfire.
- Banstead CC Fireworks Display. Entrance by donation. Display at approximately 7.30pm.
**Buttershly Kisses cannot be held responsible for any changes or cancellations to these events**
I hope that whatever you decide to do for Bonfire Night, that you have a really wonderful, magical and safe time!
Please comment below if you know of any other fireworks displays in the area. I will also post photos of our fun on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter - follow me to keep in touch!