Friday 2 March 2012

Egg in an Avo

 Oh my heavens, so two of my FAVOURITE things in the world are avocado and poached eggs. So when I saw a picture of this recipe, I had to try it. I should have read the recipe, however as no doubt it would have told me to hollow the avo a little before pouring the egg in... But messes don't = catastrophe! :) It was still DELICIOUS!

Ingredients:
avocado (the bigger the better)
eggs
salt and pepper
grated cheese

Directions:
Preheat your oven to about 180 degrees C. Hollow out the avo, and crack the egg inside. Season. You could even add some chives, or any other herb you like. Pop in the oven for about 5-10 minutes. Put cheese on top and put it back in the oven for a little longer, until the cheese is melted and yummy!

Serve with some fresh bread - we had toasted olive bread! YUM! And some salad.

                                                
                                                                         Buon appetito!
                                                                                  x

No comments:

Post a Comment